Organizers of the annual booze-industry bacchanal Tales of the Cocktail just announced the nominees for the upcoming 2016 event’s Spirited Awards, which honor the world’s best bars and bartenders.
Congratulations to all!
Winners will be announced during a special ceremony on Saturday, July 23, at the Sheraton New Orleans amid the Big Easy’s ongoing 14th annual Tales of the Cocktail festivities.
Best New Spirit or Cocktail Ingredient
- Caña Brava 7-year Reserva Añeja Rum by the 86 Co. (Panama)
- Campo de Encanto “Barkeep’s Whimsy” Pisco (Peru)
- Lagavulin 8-Year Old, 200th Anniversary Edition (United Kingdom)
- Midwestern Dry Gin by J. Rieger & Co. (United States)
- Orphan Barrel Gifted Horse Whiskey by Diageo (United States)
- Plantation Stiggins’ Fancy Pineapple Rum (Barbados)
- Ragtime Rye by New York Distilling Company (United States)
- Riserva Speciale Rubin Vermouth by Martini & Rossi (Italy)
- Rutte Celery Dry Gin by Rutte Spirits (Netherlands)
- Rutte Old Simon Genever by Rutte Spirits (Netherlands)