Fifteen hundred unique nominees, the top ten for each award category have been chosen for the 10th Annual Spirited Awards®. The Spirited Awards® were created in 2007 to recognize this year’s best bars, bartenders, writers, experts in the hard working service industry.
American and International committees comprised of the most respected minds in the cocktail industry selected the top 10 nominees for the 24 award categories. Each nominee was reviewed in detail to ensure it met the criteria and then presented by ballot to the committee judges. The 110 esteemed judges’ votes yielded this year’s top 10 nominees.
The 25 Spirited Awards® recipients will be announced at the Spirited Awards® at the Sheraton New Orleans on Saturday, July 23, 2016 as a part of the 14th Annual Tales of the Cocktail®.
Best New Spirit or Cocktail Ingredient
- Caña Brava 7-year Reserva Añeja Rum by the 86 Co. (Panama)
- Campo de Encanto “Barkeep’s Whimsy” Pisco (Peru)
- Lagavulin 8-Year Old, 200th Anniversary Edition (United Kingdom)
- Midwestern Dry Gin by J. Rieger & Co. (United States)
- Orphan Barrel Gifted Horse Whiskey by Diageo (United States)
- Plantation Stiggins’ Fancy Pineapple Rum (Barbados)
- Ragtime Rye by New York Distilling Company (United States)
- Riserva Speciale Rubin Vermouth by Martini & Rossi (Italy)
- Rutte Celery Dry Gin by Rutte Spirits (Netherlands)
- Rutte Old Simon Genever by Rutte Spirits (Netherlands)